At Camp W, we take ticks very seriously. During the summer, we do regular tick checks. Here also is a link to our staff protocol for Tick Checks.
food & Allergies
We are proud of the delicious, nutritious meals that we serve and how campers participate in various aspects of meal production by working in gardens, collecting eggs, learning to cook, cleaning up, and other activities. Camp W can accommodate children who are unable to eat meat, dairy or gluten. We also ask in advance to learn about camper allergies with our forms and do our best to reasonably accommodate all that we can (such as peanut, egg, etc.).
CW can only administer prescription drugs in accordance with direction from licensed medical personnel (not a parent or guardian). CW must have either a written prescription or the original labeled bottle of medicine; and you must supply our camp nurse with enough medication for the camper’s time at camp. You are required to provide a doctor's written order and information on any medication (prescription or O.T.C.) that your child may be taking during programs. All medication must be in its original container. When you sign your child into the program a designated instructor will sign in any medication and will carry it until needed by your child. When the program is over, be sure to sign out your child's medication.
Physical & Behavioral
Campers at CW must be able to move daily on foot over uneven and natural terrain. They must be able to sleep outside in rustic wooden or canvas structures with other campers and staff. They must be able to lift and carry a backpack for hiking and trips, as well as eat provided meals and hydrate regularly. We ask that all campers follow directions and participate willingly in camp activities, daily chores and community living activities, and; refrain from violence, verbal assault, bullying or any similar behavior. See more information in our handbooks here for further information about physical and behavioral expectations for your camper.
Refund & Cancellation
There will be no refunds given for cancellation of preschool-age programs for weather-related reasons.
Should you choose to cancel an enrollment for any reason, our refund policy is as follows:
1. If you cancel 30 or more days prior to the program starting date, you are entitled to a full refund, minus the deposit.
2. If you cancel between 29 and 14 days prior to the program starting date, Camp Waubanong will retain half the program tuition.
3. If you cancel fewer than 14 days prior to the program starting date or after the program has begun, there will be no refunds.
camp "To Bring" Policy
For your child's safety and enjoyment, it is essential that he or she has what s/he needs on every day of our program. If even one child is unable to stay warm, we may need to shorten our outside time for safety. If your child arrives at camp without the proper gear, our staff may decide it is not safe for her or him to stay. In this situation you would be asked to return with your child later in the day and with adequate gear.
It is part of our job to help you learn how to dress your child appropriately for our program.
Camp Waubanong is committed to making our programs available to as many people as possible. To this end, we generate scholarships via our sliding-scale fee on a program-to-program basis. Any contributions made over the minimum of the sliding scale for all our programs is considered a contribution to our scholarship fund. Thus, scholarships are limited to the sum of these funds and are awarded based on equitable distribution.
What to know about scholarships before applying:
- The maximum scholarship we can supply for any program is outlined below by program type.
- Full scholarships are considered under extenuating circumstances, and on a case by case basis.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted a minimum of 10 days before the program start date.
Maximum scholarship by program:
- Adult Workshops: 50% of program cost up to $75.
- Summer Camp: $75 per week of summer camp for a maximum of 2 weeks of camp.
How to apply:
- When submitting a scholarship application, please remember that no space can be held without a deposit. If participation is contingent upon scholarship funding, please submit your scholarship application with a check or credit card payment for the deposit in order to hold your spot in the desired program. If you are applying for a scholarship for more than the maximum amount, please call our office at 802-490-5550.
- After submitting your scholarship application, please also complete the Registration Form for the program your child would like to attend.
- We will get back to you about your scholarship application within one week of submission.
- Please find the scholarship application here: Camp Waubanong Scholarship Application
Late Pick-Up Policy
Our staff have families, too! If your child remains in our care beyond the appointed pick up time we reserve the right to charge you for the additional supervision costs incurred. The cost is $15 for each fifteen minute increment or portion thereof. By signing the registration form you agree to this policy and agree to be charged accordingly.